What a diamond. Champagne lover, literature fiend, blonde bombshell, femme fatale, one woman wonder, super star and all round beauty queen.
Here’s the best of Miss Marilyn Monroe. Those curves, that smile and some precious pearls of wisdom that should make you loud, proud and ready to shine. Life is short. Get out there and grab it.
December. Hello, old friend. It’s been a while.
All hail the final month of the year.
December rushes into our homes in a whirlwind of snow flurries, icicles and chocolate laden calendars. It also heralds, of course, the beginning of the Christmas season. The season of joy and frivolity. The season of mince pies and red Starbucks cups. The season of frantic shopping, bulging tummies and hungry wallets.
But when does Christmas really begin? The answer is right here. Just press play.
Yes, for most of us, the beginning of Christmas is marked by the first viewing of the annual Coca Cola advert. No one can escape that glowy, excited feeling that awakens the winter butterflies in your tummy on hearing the ‘holidays are coming’ jingle, swiftly followed by a shout out to that special someone with whom you share this festive tradition. For me, it’s my little sister and there’s nothing quite like it.
But whether or not Christmas has officially begun for you, make sure you shake up the happiness. Ho Ho Ho. Share the love.
Shake up happiness.
1. The wind blows your umbrella inside out.
2. You go in for the second greeting kiss on the cheek and you end up pouting at nothing.
3. In the street, you and a stranger partake in that awkward dance where you just can’t seem to get past each other.
4. An involuntary snort interrupts your laugh.
5. You initiate a conversation with the girl in the blue dress who isn’t your friend.
6. The uneven pavement decides to trip you up spectacularly and you dust yourself down pretending no one noticed. Nice.
7. You end up writing what you’re saying or saying what you’re writing. Nonsensical sentences.
8. Browsing the shop shelves, you nudge an item which sends the entire contents, like dominoes, crashing down around your feet.
9. Half asleep, you nearly pour milk into the cereal box, accidently drop the tea bag in the kettle, start eating your yoghurt with a fork, and attempt to put the kettle in the fridge. Go back to bed.
10. You wrongly assume that the toilet lid will be up. Just a wee mistake!