Top Ten: Never Feel Guilty About…
Yes, we’ve all been here. We’ve all experienced that heavy, hollow feeling that camps out in the pit of our stomachs, waiting to have a stab at us when we’ve just about forgotten about how bad we feel. This week, I’ve been thinking about the silly things that weigh on our minds and plague us with needless guilt. Is it really worth the energy? As far as I’m concerned, if you’re going to do something, do it properly and don’t regret it. Easier said than done, I know. At the very least, go easy and forgive yourself.
Which of the following are you guilty of? And are there any other silly guilt trips that your minds takes you on? Feel free to share the love and hopefully, halve the guilt.
This is not, by the way, meant to make you feel guilty about feeling guilty.
NEVER FEEL GUILTY ABOUT…
1. Oversleeping on the weekend. Especially past midday.
2. Choosing to have a dessert when no one else is.
3. Adding things to your TO DO list which you’ve already done. Just to get the satisfaction of crossing it off.
4. Getting straight into your pajamas when you get home from work. Yes, even if it’s 5 o’clock in the afternoon.
5. Chocolate for breakfast.
6. Starting a book, reading a few pages then abandoning it to the shelf.
7. That Nutella moment. You know what I’m talking about.
8. Glass of wine. One, two, skip a few. All for you.
9. Calling in ‘sick’. Probably from feeling guilty about the outrageous things you did or didn’t do the night before.
10. Putting your wallet on a crash diet.