Monthly Archives: August 2011
1. The wind blows your umbrella inside out.
2. You go in for the second greeting kiss on the cheek and you end up pouting at nothing.
3. In the street, you and a stranger partake in that awkward dance where you just can’t seem to get past each other.
4. An involuntary snort interrupts your laugh.
5. You initiate a conversation with the girl in the blue dress who isn’t your friend.
6. The uneven pavement decides to trip you up spectacularly and you dust yourself down pretending no one noticed. Nice.
7. You end up writing what you’re saying or saying what you’re writing. Nonsensical sentences.
8. Browsing the shop shelves, you nudge an item which sends the entire contents, like dominoes, crashing down around your feet.
9. Half asleep, you nearly pour milk into the cereal box, accidently drop the tea bag in the kettle, start eating your yoghurt with a fork, and attempt to put the kettle in the fridge. Go back to bed.
10. You wrongly assume that the toilet lid will be up. Just a wee mistake!
1. Clean sheets
2. Peeling the plastic off new technological purchases
3. The joke on the wrapper of a Penguin
4. Pushing the trolley at a dangerous speed down the supermarket aisles
5. Screaming screaming screaming on a rollercoaster enough though you’re actually quite enjoying it
6. Goosebumps when you’re listening to music
7. Getting caught out in the rain when you don’t have to be anywhere
8. Sugar cubes
9. Opening a new box of cereal and ignoring the crumbs at the bottom of the last packet
10. Playing with the candle wax and making a mess of the tablecloth
Crossing the road to walk on the sunny side of the pavement
Wearing your flip-flops for the first time in the summer
Refusing to take your flip-flops off in November
The first bite of the apple
Sleeping with the window open
That Friday feeling
Lying in the middle of the bed
Seeing a penny, picking it up…
Waking up on a Sunday morning without the alarm